Dog Tea - A Proven Way To Prevent Canine Motion Sickness
You already know that dogs play poker, but did you know dogs drink tea?
If you own a dog, you know that car rides are something they either love or hate! For many dogs, all the new sights and sounds associated with a car ride can be too much. Even short trips can trigger car and motion sickness in dogs. All dog breeds have an equal chance of getting car sick. Puppies are frequently affected due to their relatively undeveloped ears. While most dogs will grow out of motion sickness after turning one year old, it can affect dogs of any age. It is more likely to happen for dogs not used to car rides. Dogs that only go on one or two trips a year (usually to the vet) can be particularly susceptible.
While nausea and vomiting are the most common signs, motion-sick dogs may also whine, whimper and yelp. Excessive panting, yawning, drooling, and pacing are other indicators. Alternatively, some dogs may get very quiet, be inactive or look lethargic.
To start with, try to build up your dog's tolerance for car rides by taking it on short trips around the neighborhood for a few days, going a bit farther each day. Consider using a special canine seat-belt, and always let your dog face forward in the car. Rolling down the car windows will help make your dog more comfortable too.
While these basic steps may help reduce the affects of car sickness, many cases are too intense and owners avoid important trips like taking their dog to the vet due to the trauma of getting there. For those seeking a true and natural solution to canine car sickness, you will be relieved to discover there is a another way to stop your family's best friend from getting sick.
Believing in the healing power of tea, the boutique, loose leaf tea company California Tea House began their mission to formulate an organic herbal tea to resolve the car sickness of their beloved Great Dane named Machu Picchu.
After a couple of years of blending and testing their determination paid off. Machu's Blend Tea for Dogs is now available to the public and is so effective, it is guaranteed to stop car sickness. Machu's Blend is an organic, herbal tea comprised of chamomile, ginger root, fennel seed, skullcap and calendula.
Machu's Blend Dog Tea is an all-natural proven solution in alleviating a debilitating problem without giving your dog expensive prescribed medicine or ineffective, over-the-counter products with unnatural ingredients. In addition to helping your dog with motion sickness, this holistic tea blend promotes a calming affect, lowers stress, aids digestion of dry dog food, which consequently reduces dog bloat and gas. Best of all, it serves as a special, healthy treat your dog will love.
California Tea House is a family-owned company dedicated to serving the finest quality, artisanal loose leaf tea blends, sourced from the best organic, sustainable farms all over the world. You can order Machu's Blend directly from their online store with free shipping here: https://www.californiateahouse.com/
Brand Keys Names Dunkin' Donuts #1 in Coffee Customer Loyalty for 11th Consecutive Year
For the 11th consecutive year, Dunkin' Donuts is being honored for providing guests with a superior customer experience. According to the 2017 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index®, Dunkin' Donuts is once again a top brand for consumer loyalty in the out-of-home coffee category, marking the 11th year in a row that Dunkin' Donuts has earned this recognition. Dunkin' Donuts was also named a #1 brand for customer loyalty in the packaged coffee category for the fifth straight year.
Brand Keys 22nd annual Customer Loyalty Engagement Index, conducted by the New York-based brand engagement and customer loyalty research consultancy, identifies brands that are best able to engage consumers by meeting or exceeding their expectations, which creates loyal customers. Brand Keys' Customer Loyalty Engagement Index recognizes the brands that receive the highest loyalty and engagement assessments and surpass competitors for "delighting" customers. In the coffee restaurant and packaged coffee categories, consumer preferences were based on consistently meeting customer expectations for taste, quality, service and brand value.
According to Chris Fuqua, Senior Vice President of Dunkin' Donuts Brand Marketing & Global Consumer Insights & Product Innovation, "Dunkin' Donuts is strategically focused on new and innovative ways to keep our loyal guests energized with our coffee and beverages, quickly and conveniently. In 2016, this included one of our most important initiatives, the launch of On-the-Go Mobile Ordering, allowing members of our DD Perks® Rewards Program to place their order ahead of time and speed past the line in-store to pick up their favorite menu items. We are proud to once again be recognized by Brand Keys for our commitment to offering exceptional service and earning our customers' loyalty every day."
"We congratulate Dunkin' Donuts for absolutely stellar performance again this year. This is the 11th year in a row they have anticipated and met customer expectations in the Out-of-Home Coffee category," said Robert Passikoff, President & Founder of Brand Keys. "And, it's the 5th straight year where they ranked #1 in the Packaged Coffee category. Dunkin' has managed to leverage the values of their brand to create both a literal and virtual connection with their customers. There aren't many brands that are able to do that. We raise our coffee mugs to toast Dunkin's on-going success."
Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, selling more than 1.9 billion cups of hot and iced coffee and espresso-based beverages per year. The brand's beverage offerings include high-quality, freshly-brewed hot and iced Coffees, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Dark Roast and Cold Brew, along with Americano and hot and iced Espresso, Macchiato, Cappuccino and Latte. There are more than 25,000 ways to order a coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, and guests are encouraged to customize their favorite beverages available all day long. Dunkin' Donuts' packaged coffee is also available at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in a 16-oz. bag for brewing at home, in flavors such as Original Blend, Dunkin' Decaf® and Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Dark Roast.
Dunkin' Donuts continues to reward loyal customers through its DD Perks Rewards Program, which has surpassed five million members and remains one of the fastest growing loyalty programs in the quick service restaurant industry. With DD Perks, guests already earn five points for every dollar they spend on qualifying purchases at Dunkin' Donuts when they pay using an enrolled Dunkin' Donuts Card, either plastic or via the Dunkin' Mobile® App. Once a member accrues 200 points, he or she receives a coupon for a free, any-size beverage of their choice, redeemable at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants. DD Perks members also receive a coupon for a free, any-size beverage upon enrollment and on their birthday. To enroll in DD Perks, download the Dunkin' Mobile App or visit www.DDPerks.com.
Tea Forte® Writes A Presciption For Good Health With New SIPSCRIPTIONS™ Tea
Tea Forte, identified around the world as the exceptional tea experience, is introducing SIPSCRIPTIONS, a collection of organic, functional mind and body balancing teas for optimal health. Handcrafted in small batches to ensure each blend's unique and beneficial properties, SIPSCRIPTIONS tea enters the market to answer the growing demand from health-conscious consumers for naturally functional beverages that deliver health and wellness.
"With water being the healthiest beverage in the world, and tea being the second most consumed beverage globally, we are proud to present the daily wellness of SIPSCRIPTIONS tea," says Tea Forte Chief Creative Compass, Stuart Avery Gold. "These curated craftings of tea leaves, fresh herbs and choice bio-active botanicals, are blended for amplified health. Whether looking for an energy lift, a pure and natural detox, help winding down, a boost to your immune system, or a steep to keep you fit and fab, SIPSCRIPTIONS teas are born in a garden, not in a lab, to deliver nature's all-natural prescription for a daily regimen of good health and wellness."
"Consumers have always embraced our tea-forward innovation," added company CEO Michael Gebrael. "Now with the speed of daily life becoming ever more hectic, SIPSCRIPTIONS teas are not just for those already engaged with tea, but taps into a new generation of healthy, active consumers; millennials who are drinking tea the way their parents drink coffee, with more and more opting for tea as a way to further embrace a lifestyle of good health and daily well-being."
The SIPSCRIPTIONS Collection is available in Tea Forte's signature Pyramid Infusers, Loose Tea Canisters and Single Steeps ® - perfect measure single serve loose tea pouches and includes:
Tea Forte is the award winning global luxury Tea Company with offerings enjoyed in over 35 countries where it is presented at leading hotels, restaurants, prestige resorts and high-end retailers. Renowned for its variety and unparalleled quality of hand-crafted teas, design-driven accessories, exquisite packaging and luxuriant approach, this definitive cup of tea is offered on the world's finest tables. With complex and varied blends, Tea Forte pleases the palate through its collections of loose leaf teas and elegant, handcrafted pyramid shaped infuser. Tea Forte is selected as the exclusive House Purveyor of premium teas for the James Beard Foundation. To learn more, please visit www.teaforte.com
Folgers Coffeehouse Blend Gives You A Robust Flavor No Matter How You Take Your Coffee
Although coffee fans brew and prepare their coffee in many ways, there is one common element of coffee drinkers: when they drink a cup of coffee they want to taste the coffee’s flavor. Folgers® recently introduced a new blend that allows coffee lovers to do just that. Whether brewed in an automatic coffeemaker or French Press, mixed with sugar and cream, or taken black, Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend delivers robust coffee flavor no matter how it’s prepared.
Folgers Coffeehouse Blend is a medium-dark roast designed to produce a unique coffee experience that starts off smooth and ends with a bold, distinct flavor. It is the perfect blend to prepare with an automatic drip coffee maker, French Press, Cold Brew or in a Keurig® brewing system. With a blend this versatile, coffee fans alike can create – and explore – their favorite brewing traditions and discover something new right at home.
“The coffee industry has experienced a major shift over the past few years as coffee lovers continuously explore new ways to brew their favorite cup,” said Maribeth Burns, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. “As coffee fans’ tastes evolve, Folgers brewed something new to deliver a distinctive flavor no matter how they take their coffee. Folgers Coffeehouse Blend allows coffee lovers to add anything to their coffee and it still delivers a bold coffee taste.”
Folgers has also teamed up with lifestyle influencer, Sara Lynn Cauchon, to provide a fresh take on how to customize and create a unique cup of coffee at home. Some of her tips include:
Swap your traditional white sugar for a drizzle of maple syrup, which adds sweetness and flavor.
Make your own latte foam by shaking up some milk in a mason jar until it starts to froth. Remove the lid, put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and pour into a fresh cup of Folgers Coffeehouse Blend coffee.
For more tips and to learn about different brewing methods, please refer to the NEW Folgers Coffeehouse Blend At-Home Guide, a downloadable version which is available at http://thedomesticgeek.com. Additional how-to videos can be found on Folgers.com.
Folgers Coffeehouse Blend is now available in the coffee aisle in grocery stores nationwide and is priced similar to other canister and K-Cup® pod items from Folgers.
For more information on Folgers Coffeehouse Blend, please visit bit.ly/2bUPmXI and follow Folgers on Facebook and Twitter.
10 Interesting Facts About Tea
Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water, and can be found in almost 80% of all U.S. households. It is the only beverage commonly served hot or iced, anytime, anywhere, for any occasion. On any given day, over 158 million Americans are drinking tea. Our friends at the Food Network pulled together this great list of tea tidbits.
10 interesting facts that you might not know about tea:
1. The word tea comes from the Chinese T’e, which was the word in the Amoy dialect for the plant from which tea leaves came. In Mandarin, the word was ch’a, which is where the words char and chai are derived from.
2. Tea (except herbal teas, which are not really tea at all) is made from the Camellia sinensis plant. Black tea, green tea and oolong tea are all made from leaves plucked from the same tea bushes, but they undergo different processes to provide specific styles of beverage. Black tea is allowed to ferment, oolong is semifermented and green tea is unfermented. White tea is also unfermented and comes from the same bush, but is taken from the unopened buds of the tea bush.
3. Chinese legend tells us that Emperor Shen Nong first discovered tea in 2737 B.C., when leaves from the tea bushes fell into water his servants were boiling to purify. It was at first considered a tonic, however, and used for medicinal purposes only.
4. Tea is believed to have arrived in Europe thanks to a Portuguese Jesuit priest named Jasper de Cruz. He visited China in 1590 when Portugal was granted trading privileges with the country and was allowed to bring some of the plants he discovered with him when he returned home.
5. Until the 19th century, nearly all tea was grown in China and its major export partner was Great Britain. As trade with China became more difficult, the British began to look for other areas to cultivate tea including regions of India (Assam and Darjeeling) and Africa (Kenya) and managed to begin cultivation by illegally smuggling plants out of China. These “new” areas remain some of the biggest producers of tea to this day.
6. Not surprisingly, China is still the biggest producer of tea and supplies nearly 29 percent of the world’s total, with India coming in a close second. You may be surprised by some of the other countries in the top 10 list with Iran, Vietnam, Turkey and even Argentina making appearances.
7. Though the Chinese grows the most tea, they are not the biggest consumers. At least not per capita. That would be the United Arab Emirates, whose citizens drink nearly 14 pounds of the stuff every year, putting them ahead of Morocco and Ireland residents. We Brits come in seventh and the United States ranks a lowly 69th in the top 100. Between us all, however, we manage to drink more than three billion cups a year, making tea the second-most-consumed beverage behind water.
8. It was the American Thomas Sullivan who accidentally invented the teabag when he sent out samples in small silk pouches to customers in 1904. They did not know to empty the contents into the pot and added everything including the silk container. Sullivan saw this as an opportunity and began making ready-to-use tea bags out of gauze. Nowadays, the teabag is the by far the most popular way to make tea, with over 96 percent of the tea drunk in the United Kingdom being made in this fashion.
9. Though drinking all of the different types of tea is considered to be beneficial to one’s health, it is green tea that has the best reputation as a super food. Various studies have shown that drinking green tea may well be helpful in the fight against heart disease, certain forms of cancer and diabetes as well as a valuable tool in the battle to lower cholesterol. Although some of the findings are disputed, few doctors would disagree that a cup of green tea every day does you good.
10. The most expensive tea in the world is grown in the mountains of Ya’An in the Sichuan province of China. Workers fertilize the tea bushes using the waste from local pandas whose bodies take in only a small amount of nutrients from the food they eat. The tea costs the equivalent of around $200 for a small cup.